Start the day with a transfer to Barão de São João, a small inland village, characterised by its coloured window bars and distinctive Algarve chimneys with unusual geometric shapes and lacework patterns. From here walk along trails through Stone Pine forests and through other white-washed inland villages en route back to the coast.
The other option is to have a day of rest in Salema, explore the nearby coves and beaches, and enjoy a relaxing lunch in a local café
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.