After a short transfer, a spectacular walk takes you right into the heart of the Picos de Europas.
Distance 17.7 km
Your morning transfer takes you from Sotres through meadows up to the Collado Pandebano (1240m), where you'll have a steep ascent to the foot of Picu Urriellu (2,519m). Here you'll find the Vega de Urriellu, a small refuge hut. The refuge is well stocked with drinks and snacks which are brought up by horseback each day from Pandébano. . A Lunar landscapes will compliment your walk as you ascend. Truly beautiful!
30T 355506 4788171
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view