Walk past small fishing harbours, sand dunes and high cliffs to Zambujeira do Mar.
Distance 20.7 km
Todays walk offers a change of scenery as you walk past ochre sand dunes and high cliffs home to over twenty species of birds, followed by a section through some fragrant pine forests. A highlight is sure to be capturing sight of the nesting white storks—this coastline is the only place in the world where they nest! Stop off at Cape Sardao Lighthouse and marvel at the fishermen perched precariously on the cliffs before arriving at Zambujeira do Mar.
Update: September 03, 2019
29S 518265 4167312
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view