You will love the beautiful scenery of the Tay River Valley as you leave Aberfeldy behind and head for your ultimate destination of Pitlochry.
Distance 15.5 km
The walking along this section is varied but relatively easy as you walk along a minor road and then cross the open moorland towards Pitlochry. The suspension bridge over the River Tummel provides a great finale to your adventure and Pitlochry is a wonderful town to enjoy and celebrate your achievement.
Update: January 24, 2018
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
NN 85681 49099
30V 446945 6275395
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view