Your walk today takes you along the unspoilt coastline with secret beaches and lagoons. It is indeed a landscape of rare beauty. The trail pass the beaches of Ingrina and Zavial where it's possible to stop at a beach bar and admire the views, and perhaps have a lunch of fresh seafood.
On arrival in Sagres, the most south western town on the Algarve, you really feel like you are walking to the ends of the earth and where the land, very distinctly, meets the sea. Try to give yourself time to wander around Sagres this afternoon or evening with its picturesque harbour and pretty plaza.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.