This is a spectacular route. Along steep cliffs, you’ll ascend to Lafatscher Joch, where you will be rewarded in good weather with amazing views of Großglocker Mountain. After a long descent through the Isstal Valley to St. Magdalena mountain lodge, you’ll arrive in an idyllic resting spot. Via an escape route you’ll continue downhill through the Halltal Valley to Gasthof Walderbrücke Inn.
You will be collected from here at 1530 by taxi and taken to your accommodation.
Today you may be walking past a few different areas where cows graze. Although generally very docile and used to walkers, keep your distance and never turn your back on a cow that is behaving strangely or aggressive. Be particularly vigilant around cows with calves.
Always allow plenty of time for your hike. The walking times indicated do not include breaks. Breaks for photos and a rest need to be added to the specified times.
Make sure you find out about current weather conditions and keep an eye on weather changes. Thunderstorms can gather very quickly in the Alps.
Do not leave the designated hiking trails!
Please note there may be some discrepancies in distances given by different devices/software.
Tips and hints
Food and Drink
Take enough water with you for the whole day. There are only a few places where you can access drinking water. There is a small drinking fountain for very thirsty travellers in an old chapel in one of the manor houses along the way.
EquipmentAlways wear good walking boots with a robust sole, and take waterproofs with you. Take plenty of water with you (min. 1 litre) and don’t forget sunscreen!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.