This morning, begin with a walk up to the world famous rocky viewpoint of the Bastei, then return to the river at Stadt Wehlen.
Take the ferry across the river, then walk via the Bärenstein rock outcrops to the impressive fortress town of Königstein, where you will overnight.
Tips and hints
If you have a chance we would recommend a visit to the “Felsenburg”, the entrance just before Basteibrücke.
You can easily shorten your walk by taking the old-timer bus to the center of Wehlen. The so called“Bastei-Kraxler” takes you there in about 25 minutes and leaves hourly from 10.25hrs to 16.25hrs, exceptfrom 13.25hrs. (€ 5.00 per person).
EquipmentA sturdy pair of walking trainers are adequate for this route if you don't wish to wear hiking boots. Along with your usual kit for a day walking in the elements make sure you pack an extra layer, a full set of waterproof and windproof layers
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.