Begin today by walking through the ruins of Levissi (also known as the ghost town of Kayakoy). This once bustling Greek settlement nestled against the Taurus mountains was abandoned in the 1920’s for political reasons, and walking through its abandoned streets makes for quite an experience.
From Kayakoy, make your way to the sparkling waters of the blue lagoon at Olu Deniz. Catch your first glimpse of the blue lagoon from the Lycian Way high above, one of the most famous sights on the Lycian Way.
Leaving Olu Deniz, you have the option of taking a taxi or a dolmus back to Kayakoy (paid locally).
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.