The high route is more challenging than the low route, but is a firm favorite among our guests. A little extra ascent and rugged terrain is rewarded by some of the best views of the glen! The routes join again and you’ll ascend to be greeted by stunning views over the 13-16th century ruins of Urqhuart Castle that was once a stronghold of Robert the Bruce. Descend into Drumnadrochit village, the hub for all things Loch Ness.
Please see your personalised accommodation sheet for your morning transfer details.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.