Safety informationIn winter the path can be wet and slippery, take extra care. You will cross a few roads during your walk and even though most of them are quiet, please take care when crossing. It is required to take your headtorch with you today as you’ll pass through numerous tunnels. Please take extra care while walking through tunnels, they can be narrow, slippy and it's easy to bump your head.
Tips and hints
Packed lunch is recommended on today’s walk as you won’t pass any restaurants or cafes along the way until you have reached the endpoint in Ribeiro Frio. Packed lunch is available at your accommodation in Santo da Serra (at a small additional cost). Make sure to order the packed lunch upon your arrival or at least the night before.
It is also possible to have (a late) lunch at Ribeiro Frio, there's a lovely restaurant that serves typical Portugese food. Always make sure to carry plenty of water and to keep hydrated during your walk.
EquipmentAll normal walking equipment are required: walking shoes/boots, water and windproof jacket, plenty of water and snacks for during the day. Walking poles can be useful during this walk, the paths aren't as narrow as previous days. It is required to take your headtorch with you today as you’ll pass through numerous tunnels.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.