A beautiful hike through plateaus and valleys, above the tree-line surrounded by mountain vistas. To rest from yesterday’s tough walk, today's hike is short, but can be extended with a climb to the Muntejela de Senes Peak (2,787m). The view from the peak is stunning. Climbing the Muntejela de Senes adds 4 km and 430 m elevation gain to the walk.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THE EXTENTION WALK IT IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND SHOULD BE UNDERTAKEN ONLY IN GOOD WEATHER: There is a steep, exposed area where you need to scramble using your hands and is not suitable if you suffer from vertigo or a fear of heights. The optional extentsion diverts from the route at the highest point on the walk at around 5.25 km into the walk.
Tips and hints
This trip features in the below itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.