The emptiness of Rannoch Moor is beguiling. A big sky landscape of marsh, rivers, and lochs populated only by deer. Your walk follows an ancient right of way, which cunningly finds a route through the beautiful emptiness of the landscape. The Kingshouse Hotel, sitting picture perfect in front of Buachaille Etive Mor, marks the end of your day’s walk.
Due to high demand throughout the summer season there may not be space in the Kingshouse Hotel - your accommodation list will tell you how your transfer from Kingshouse to Glencoe works if you are staying in Glencoe village.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.