Take a water taxi to Port William so that you can enjoy the track in one direction. Cruise along the stunning coastline (20 mins) and enjoy the historical commentary, before being dropped off at the Port William wharf. Discover the former Maori Beach saw mill settlement on the 3 hour hike through the varied Rakiura National Park forest to Lee Bay.
Walk the rest of the way back to Halfmoon Bay/Oban along the local roads.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.