From Sagres walk along the high cliffs towards the lighthouse at Cabo San Vicente the final destination for today’s walk. Enroute there will be opportunities to discover hidden beaches between the cliffs, admire views over the Atlantic, and imagine this area centuries before, when every port had a fortress and from where many ships set sail seeking new continents.
At the end of the trail give yourself time to explore the lighthouse which was built over the remains of a 16th century Franciscan convent in 1846. This lighthouse guards one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes and is one of the most powerfully lit lighthouses in Europe. A transfer back to Sagres is included.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.