The final stage of the Tour du Mont Blanc takes you from Plan Praz up to Col du Brévent, before the long descent to Les Houches from where you can catch the train or bus to Chamonix.
Distance 12.3 km
Start your day by taking the cable car back up to Plan Praz, or even le Brévent if you want to avoid the climb. Your last day on the Tour du Mont Blanc takes you all the way to Les Houches via the Col du Brévent & the rocky pedestal of the le Brévent (2525m). Mont Blanc seems within touching distance on the opposite side of the valley. Descend past Lac Brévent and traverse onwards to Bel Lachat before making the descent to Les Houches and from here a short bus or ride will take you back to Chamonix.
Update: August 08, 2018
Safety informationWeather conditions can change quickly in the mountains - always be prepared and carry appropriate clothing; warm as well as waterproof layers, hat and gloves etc. Please see your information pack for a detailed packing list.
Tips and hints
This tour is available in the following itineraries: WFSTMBR2, WFSTMBC2, WFSTMBCC
32T 333549 5089137
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view