The path crosses the wide Par Sands before entering the wild and remote area at Gribbin Head, a fabulous viewpoint marked with a candy striped daymark tower which stands 84 feet above the cliffs.
The Daphne Du Maurier coastline follows where much of her novels were written and inspiration sought. At Polridmouth a hidden beach opens to reveal the boathouse where the author lived for many years. The path into Fowey passes many coves and St Catherine’s Castle perched on the cliffs. Wander through the remains before you finally reach the village of Fowey with its many bars and restaurants.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.