Leaving the harbour head up to Penare Point passing many overgrown ruins and the small harbour at Pentewan. The village is worth a visit with a nice pub and café. Pass golden sands and head up past Gamas Point and uphill to the rugged Black Head, where the Iron Age Castle used to sit proudly on the cliff top.
The path heads back down to the coastline and subsequently takes an inland turn towards St Austells bay. This section ends in Charlestown with its tall ships and very interesting visitors centre.
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.