A combination of paved roads and grassy or earth paths following the levada. Includes an optional descent to the beach.
Distance 12.2 km
A private morning transfer (30 mins) brings you to Ponta do Pargo, the most westerly point of Madeira, and a large plateau. On today’s walk you will see a different side of Madeira. This barren landscape is a striking contrast to the lush green vegetation that you have seen so far. On your hike you will experience the tranquillity of this rural and lesser travelled region. Enjoy the impressive views of the wild Atlantic coast before returning to your hotel (30 mins).
Update: January 16, 2018
Safety informationYou have to cross some regional roads before and after the levada where you should take care. If you choose to take the optional descent to the beach, be prepared for steep and slippy terrain with considerable effort involved in going down and up again.
28S 289463 3632624
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view