These maps and routes are designed to be used in conjunction with the TMB guidebook and IGN maps.
TMB Route: Lac Blanc – Les Houches
Distance: Up to 20km
Duration: Up to 7.5 hrs
Ascent / Descent: Up to 800m / Up to 2080m
Map: IGN 3630 OT CHAMONIX
Guidebook: Follow trail down to Le Flégère and then Page 122: STAGE 11: Le Flégère – Les Houches
1. If you don’t wish to descend all the way to Les Houches you can take the cable car down from Le Flégère, Plan Praz or Brévent. The views from Brévent of Mont Blanc are particularly good. If you take this option you will end up in Chamonix.
2. On the ascent between Col du Brévent and Le Brévent, there is a short section of ascent which involves two short ladders and some light scrambling. If you wish to avoid this, take the cable car from Planpraz up to Le Brévent and continue to Les Houches from there.
2. If you walk all the way to Les Houches you will need to take either the train or bus to Chamonix, where you will be staying tonight.
1. Le Flégère – Les Praz de Chamonix Telepherique: Check the up to date information here: http://www.chamonix.com/flegere-index,83,en.html Approx €15:00 for a single ticket
2. Brévent – Plan Praz – Chamonix:Check the up to date information here: http://www.chamonix.com/planpraz-brevent,82,en.html Approx €15.00 for a single ticket
3. Les Houches – Chamonix by bus. Check the up to date information here: https://www.chamonix.net/english/transport/bus
4. Les Houches – Chamonix by train. You can take the Mont Blanc Express from the station at Les Houches to Chamonix. Check the up to date information here: https://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/?redirect=yes#/