Today you have the option of taking a bus or taxi back to La Visaille in order to complete the section of the trail missed yesterday or you can take it easy by enjoying a rest day in wonderful Courmayeur. In order to get to the start of the trail, you must take a bus or taxi to La Visaille and walk back along the quiet road to Lac Combal. From here you can take the wonderfully scenic‘balcony’ route via Col Checrouit before descending back into Courmayeur.
This walk is unadvisable in poor weather conditions.
Safety informationWeather conditions can change quickly in the mountains - always be prepared and carry appropriate clothing; warm as well as waterproof layers, hat and gloves etc. Please see your information pack for a detailed packing list.
Tips and hints
This tour is available on the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.