This walk traverses the length of Loch Rannoch to reach Rannoch Station.
Distance 27.5 km
The empty highland landscape and dark waters of Loch Rannoch are your only companions as you walk to the remote Rannoch Station. You follow the small almost completely traffic free road on the southern shore of Loch Rannoch for most of the day, although some small off road diversions are possible.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
NN 66171 58680
30V 427300 6284688
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view