Leaving the Moor behind you follow the West Highland Way to scale the Devils Staircase with views of the westen highlands before decending to Kinlochleven.
Distance 14.5 km
Joining the West Highland Way you are soon climbing the Devil’s Staircase at the head of Glencoe. A short sharp climb rewards with 360 degree views of the peaks of the western highlands. Kinlochleven sits winking at you from the valley far below and you will be enjoying a drink before you know it.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
NN 25953 54664
30V 387154 6280087
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view