Aim for the southern edge of the Yorkshire Dales on this section and enjoy the change of scenery as you push northward to Gargrave.
Distance 17.8 km
From Ickornshaw, cross Elslack Moor and enjoy views from the top of Pinhaw Beacon before continuing on to a more relaxing and low-level walk over fields and into Gargrave, the gateway to the Dales.
AuthorTaylor St John
Update: July 25, 2018
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
SD 96515 42898
30U 562151 5970836
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view