The trail takes you out of Glenbeigh to cross the River Behy, over Rossbeigh Hill where you will have fantastic views looking out across the Dingle Bay and over to the Dingle Peninsula.
The Kerry Way continues onto the slopes of Drung Hill to follow an old coach road into Foilmore. If you are overnighting in Foilmore, please refer to your accommodation sheet for walking directions to your accommodation, or your pick-up details.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.