Today’s trek follow the old path, newly marked by a local group in order to create more trails for people who were staying in the Fethiye area for longer. For this section we prefer this route to the official Lycian way, as the official route is narrow and hazardous in places.
Discover the little-explored ruins in the village of Sidyma on your walk today, which include remains from the Roman Imperial age including tombs, sarcophagi, bath, temple and church.
Enjoy a cup of tea at a local house before being transferred from Sidyma to your hotel in Patara.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.