A hilly walk though the Scottish highlands towards Kinloch Rannoch.
Distance 17.9 km
Get ready for a wonderful day of classic Scottish hillwalking through an empty corner of the highlands. You follow a rough track to Glenmore Bothy, with the iconic shape of Schiehallion looming ahead. A ruined highland village lies at its feet. Once you climb over the shoulder of Schiehallion it is all downhill to the Kinloch Rannoch. The path is indistinct and very rough/boggy in sections, but the scenery more than makes up for it.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
NN 74187 46990
30V 435485 6273119
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view