Today's route leads you up a steep, wooded hillside to the bare, rocky expanse of the Fanes plateau. At Ju d’la Crusc you reach the edge of the plateau, where you'll enjoy dramatic vistas over the valley below. You have the option to extend the hike with a climb up to the L’Ciaval peak (2,907 m).
Please turn back if there is a risk of thunderstorms or after heavy rain which makes the rocky slippery. Climbing the L’Ciaval requires some scrambling using both hands and feet. Without ascending to the peak, the walk is 3.2 km shorter with 200 m less ascent and descent.
Tips and hints
This route features in the below itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.