A memorable day sees you climbing out of Courmayeur, along the flanks of Mont de la Saxe, and onto Rifugio Bonatti.
Distance 12.3 km
In good weather the walk from Courmayeur to Refugio Bonatti is guaranteed to be one of the most memorable of your Tour du Mont Blanc trek. After a steep climb from Courmayeur, the main route contours around the flank of Mont de la Saxe on an undulating path giving you plenty of time to take in the dramatic icy panorama of the Mont Blanc Massif and Grand Jorasses across the valley. Refugio Bonatti, the crème de la crème of alpine refuges, marks the end of your day.
Update: January 08, 2020
Safety informationWeather conditions can change quickly in the mountains - always be prepared and carry appropriate clothing; warm as well as waterproof layers, hat and gloves etc. Please see your information pack for a detailed packing list.
Tips and hints
This tour is available in the following itineraries: WFSTMBR2, WFSTMBR1, WFSTMBC2
32T 342409 5072937
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view