You'll be met with a variety of terrain and pleasing landscapes today as you move down the coast from Bonassola to Monterosso.
The first part of today’s walk runs along an old railway track, which has recently been transformed into a fairly flat cycle path. Walk through the tunnels and over the bridges whilst revelling in spectacular views over the azure sea and cliffs until you reach the idyllic painter’s paradise of Levanto, located in the centre of a charming valley surrounded by green hills. If you wish to shorten your day you ca take the ferry (paid locally) from Levanto to Monterosso.
As you reach the ridge top, pause to take in the sweeping views to the mountains which surround the ‘Gulf of Paradise’. Arriving at Punta Mesco you continue your descent towards the village of Monterosso.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.