This walk surrounds you in beautiful countryside, wooded creeks and coastal views. First take a short ferry ride from Fowey to Bodinnick.
Distance 8.3 km
This walk has some inspiring sights all year round, but especially in the spring when the heathland above the turquoise waters is bright with gorse and wildflowers and the hedges are decked in primroses and violets. Great in the autumn too, when the leaves start to turn and heather adds its colour to the heathland. Take the short ferry ride from Polruan back to Fowey at the end of your walk.
Update: March 24, 2019
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
SX 12921 52171
30U 383982 5577670
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view