Begin the day with a climb to the Church of Santa Marta with views over the Bay of Vigo before continuing to Pontevedra.
Distance 12.6 km
Begin the day by climbing the ancient stone road of the Verea Vella da Canicouva past small fields and into a forest area. Explore the 13th century Church of Santa Marta with its panoramic views over the Bay of Vigo before arriving in Pontevedra. This bustling city has a wonderful atmosphere and some great restaurants offering fine Galician cuisine.
Update: August 01, 2018
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
29T 532224 4687828
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view