After breakfast head north to Newquay, the Cornish Capital of surfing!
Distance 23.2 km
En route pass by tiny thatched-roofed houses, old tin and silver mining towns and through East Newlyn which was once one of these thriving mining villages. You'll will also pass Terice, an Elizabethan manor house and a great stop for a Cornish cream. With only a short ride today there is plenty of time, to explore the coastal town and beach of Newquay.
Update: July 26, 2018
Tips and hints
This activitry is included in the folowing itineraries:
SW 82747 44870
30U 353918 5569966
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view